Monday, July 14, 2014

Slippery Slope of Yoga Pants

I'm afraid I'm playing at the edge of the slippery slope of yoga pants.  My daughter and I have a running joke - that you never want to wear your yoga pants to town, even once, because once you break through that barrier it's nearly impossible to go back.

I started yoga classes a month ago, in town, so there is a twenty mile commute each direction.  I need to make the best use of the expense of the trips to town, so I coordinate all my errands to happen on "yoga days".

It's nearly 100 degrees now during the hottest parts of the days in Kansas.....

And so, I am bordering on the edge of just wearing my yoga stretch short pants and soft tee shirts all over town.  I haven't yet!  I take an oversized linen or cotton shift type dress and pull it over before heading to the grocery store, library, etc.  But, my hair remains in the high ponytail and I am without accessories and makeup.  And, did I tell you it's hot?  So, each week it gets more tempting to just skip the added clothing layer of the cover dress.  I could rent a locker in the yoga facility and shower.  But, jeesh, it's just an hour of yoga.  Surely, I don't need to shower afterwards.  I would probably quit going if I knew I would be at the gym another half hour each time, showering and redressing.  I'm just headed to the grocery store!  

It's mid July.  I don't think I'll be able to hold out until it cools off in October around here!  These are the challenges of living in the American rural midwest.  My vehicle looks like I lead tours of the Australian outback - with the dirt, dust, multiple half empty water bottles, a full size cooler for grocery hauls, plus the "always be prepared" stuff of multiple sunglasses, jacket, gloves, a towel for the hot leather seat.......


2 comments:

Bohemian said...

Living in the Arizona Desert I can certainly relate to the vehicle looking as tho' I'm trekking across the Australian Outback... only perhaps it's COOLER there? *LOL* Alas, I Adore layering Fabulous Clothing and Accessories so I suffer in the name of Fashion and all things Gypsy Glam... and splash myself with Nag Champa Essential Oils which hopefully keep me smelling Divine in spite of being ready to spontaneously combust? Glad to have discovered your Blog tonight... Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

Kitty said...

Bohemian - I am intriqued by the essential oils. I've been experimenting with a lavender chamomile mix that doesn't seem to do the trick. And, yes. At least Kansas cools down a few months of the year. In fact, we got some rain and my vehicle is currently looking pretty good! Thanks for stopping by my blog.