Monday, June 4, 2012

Visible Monday: Seersucker Dress

I thrifted this seersucker dress recently, but it was just too big.  I did take a photo of it so I decided to join Terri of ragsagainstthemachine.com in her quest for seersucker.  And shoot, might as well make an appearance at Visible Monday - Patti at Not Dead Yet Style.

Cute, easy summer dress but I decided to just resell it rather than take the time to do alterations.  And the shoes....and lack of jewelry.....well, I was taking photos of lots of things to resell so I just grabbed some shoes that were neutral and left off any noticeable jewelry.  I'll try harder for next week's Visible Monday, maybe even adding a face!

Thanks to Reva at revasrags2roses.blogspot.com for jogging my memory about dressing up flip flops.  My granddaughters were here over the Memorial Day weekend so we picked out new pairs at Dollar General for $1 each and the girls tied on pieces of silk fabric.  They were excited!  Now, I just need to locate a pair with a sling back like Reva had for myself.  I just can't get excited about $1 flip flops anymore.  Here are our results so far:


A big thank you to all of the bloggers over 40!  Now, when I start feeling like I am really, really too weird - all I need to do is check my google reader and see other creative and fun ideas!   

5 comments:

Patti said...

Hello Kitty - so glad you posted at Visible Monday, and please come back! Love those crazy flip-flops : >

Kathleen Lisson said...

I like seersucker, too!

Terri said...

I'm so glad to see you at Visible Monday--and that dress needs a big yellow sunflower to set it off! I love the project with the grandkids, but I doubt I'd have much luck convincing the grandsons to do this. All of my granddaughters are at a distance.

Kitty said...

Kathleen - I am excited to meet you! And thank you for the warm welcome, Patti. I'll try to put some effort into it for next week.

Terri - looking forward to seeing you sometime soon although I know its overwhelming to be living with children! Maybe your grandsons would like to use cording and brown feathers to make a tail for their flip flops? I can't remember the name of the technique used to make keychains, etc of cording. I think boys like more than we think they will - especially in the years before they start surging with testosterone....

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

Cute flip flops...how much fun!