Thursday, May 17, 2012

"Grandma, This don't go there."

Everytime I clean house now I think about my just-turned-three granddaughter bringing me a book recently and saying "Grandma, this don't go there."  It was a book I was reading.  I had lain it across a floor basket next to the chair in the living room - in the top of the basket that.......pre-granddaughter, was where I kept my reading material.  She has since moved all my stuff out of the basket and keeps her books there.  Mine "don't go" I guess. 



She also picked up my jewelry from the coffee table and said, "Grandma, I'll put these right here for you (on the stairway).  So you can put them in your room." 

I guess every stage of life has opportunties for me to get better at the things I wish I could master!

2 comments:

Terri said...

She's a homemaker in the making...and wish that I had this situation with my grandsons!

Serene McEntyre said...

Wow! You may never have to clean up again!!! LOL I remember when I was little I liked to iron and one visit with my grandmother and I ironed just about everything she had in the house! ~Serene