Sunday, December 5, 2010

Periwinkle Seems to Be My New Neutral

Not sure how that happened - obviously a color I must have been drawn to through many, many thrift store adventures! 





I've been wearing some variation of this all weekend it seems!  This was Thursday for a trip to town.  Tonight I have on the shirt again and the jeans.  One thing I have learned in this journey from bloggers like Kyla at www.bluecollarcatwalk.blogspot.com is that I was washing my stuff way too much!  It has made a huge difference in my closet choices to not have my favorites sitting in the laundry basket all week!  Really, where did I think I was getting so dirty? 

Hair:  Finally long enough to start pulling back again
Shirt:  El Paso Shirt Works, American Made quality you can feel, this is a mens shirt that jumped out at me at Goodwill.  I believe another woman had also looked at it because the sleeves were already folded and french cuffed back perfectly for me!  $2.99 
Cardigan: August Silk, thrifted at Goodwill, $3.99
Jeans:  Aura by Wrangler
Boots:  vintage from my closet - see earlier post
Jacket:  This was a clearance find by my mother - warmest jacket I have and its just 100% polyester fleece with a corduroy collar by Harris/Wallace.  How is it that some fleece pieces are incredibly warm but most are not? 
Pin:  vintage rhinestone pinkish purple grape cluster 
Bracelet and earrings:  Opal set given to me by my daughter for my birthday one year



This is my husband's birthday present - a bird feeder that he set up right outside the dining room windows.  So far the birds are boycotting it but its not cold enough for them to be desperate yet.

No comments: